Sunday, July 3, 2011

Greek Salad

My sister Kodi introduced me to the GREEK SALAD back when we weren't miles apart and able to go to Panera Bread together. :) This is probably one of my favorite salads, I've just been slow on attempting to make it myself. The other day I was watching Barefoot Contessa (fun!) and she made this and I decided I had to try it out for myself! One of our married couple friends had a house warming party this weekend and so I decided to use the people at the party as my guinea pigs!
Everyone loved it so I thought I would post it so anyone reading this can try it out! The fun thing with this dish is that you can subtract or add veggies and you can decide how much of each thing you want! You won't fail at making this!

Ingredients:
Cherry Tomatoes (I used Roma, but cherry would have been SO much better!)
Hothouse cucumber (unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4" thick)
Yellow Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
Red Onion
Calamata Olives (Silly me, I totally blanked at the grocery store and forgot to buy this ingredient)
Feta Cheese

Vinaigrette:
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

ENJOY!




5 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I do love my Greek salads! I'm definitely going to have to try this one. I have a recipe for an amazing Greek pizza if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the greek pizza on the grill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is. Did I already give it to you? I give the recipe to everybody, it's so stinkin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I made it all the time for a while!

    ReplyDelete